What do you think? should I continue this?
The Hopeless Romantic
I.
Like in a Shakespearean play she appears, clad in regal gown of vivid red laced with black. Meanwhile, I feel my knees buckle as my whole body shudders in anticipation. She opens her arms and I greet them with my own. Our embrace lasts longer than I expected and by the time she rested her head on my shoulder, I was content to be locked forever in this position.
Alas, all things come to an end especially the good ones that stop abruptly thereafter. She raises her head, blue eyes locked in brown and she opens her delicate lips to speak. “Jake”, she says. I smile in response to her call. She says it again but this time around I frown; something is out of place. It was her voice, changing in pitch, deeper and deeper, each time she repeated saying my name until it sounded like a bass drum. I could not believe what my ears were hearing. I covered them with my hands and closed my eyes. As soon as I opened them, she leaned closer to me and kissed me with passion. After what seemed like the most disgusting moment in my life, she suddenly let go as magical dust from out of nowhere swept around her from whence she disappeared from view.
“Jake!” ‘Oh God’, I thought, ‘she’s still here’. I focused on the direction of the sound and found myself looking down at my feet. I jumped. It was a toad, one word coming out of its rubbery lips, “Jake!” I took a step backwards and the amphibian surprisingly hopped towards me. I knew that I had only one option left; I ran...very fast. I heard it in and out of my ears, “Jake...Jake” over and over again. As I ran, it was like on a treadmill, I was neither going nearer or farther away from the toad.
I tripped as the whole world shook right before my eyes and shattered in a gazillion pieces. With no ground to support me, I fell into the inky blackness of nothing. Aaaaaaa!
hahahahahahahaha :))))
ReplyDeleteGenius insanity, I guess. If anything, I'd love to see where this heads. (:
ReplyDelete